Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

A bit about the book
When sixteen-year-old Sophie Mercer discovers she's a witch, she imagines life will be full of magic, fun and . . . well . . . broomsticks! But her first attempt at a love spell goes disastrously wrong and, as punishment, Sophie is shipped off to Hecate "Hex" Hall, a reform school for witches, shapeshifters and faeries.

By the end of her first day among her fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tag-along ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person on campus and the only vampire.

Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students and her only friend is the number-one suspect . . .

What I thought
I enjoyed this book. It was easy to get into, and I read it in one sitting. It reminded me of Evernight by Claudia Gray, to me the romance part was just like that book. Great characters, in fact I still like Archer now after everything that happened (if you've read the book you will know what I mean). I think there is going to be a second book so hopefully there will be more of Archer in that one. I love the romance with the paranormal lol. Plus this book has a bit of everything, witches, warlocks, werewolves, faeries and vampires, so all in all a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment