Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Haunted (Hollow Trilogy) by Jessica Verday

A bit about the book
Abbey has spent her summer trying to forget Caspian: the boy she fell in love with, the boy who she knows must not exist, cannot exist, because he is dead . . .
But summer is almost over, and now Abbey has to return to Sleepy Hollow and face the ghosts of her past.

At first she throws herself into schoolwork, perfume-making and her emerging friendship with cute and funny - and very much alive - Ben, who she hopes might help her get over Caspian once and for all. But when Caspian reappears in her life, Abbey realises that moving on might not be an option: for Caspian is a Shade and Abbey is his destiny. And destiny is something you can't run from, no matter how hard you try . . .

The captivating sequel to The Hollow

What I thought
This was a good sequel. I just love books that have a great love story with the paranormal chucked in, these type of books draw me in every time. I love Abbey and Caspian, they are beautiful characters. I Can't really put much about this book without giving anything away, so if you enjoyed The Hollow then obviously you'll enjoy this book. Only downside for me was that everything happened at the end of the book, and not much happened through the book, which as been the case with a few sequels I've read, but it's still a good read. I must say it ended on a cliffhanger and now I've got to wait ages for the final book which sucks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment