Sunday, September 5, 2010

Acheron (A Dark-Hunter Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

A bit about the book
From the world of the Dark-Hunters comes the most anticipated book to date . . .

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron endured a lifetime of hatred. His human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Brought back against his will, he became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple . . .

For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he never wants revealed. Now his survival, and ours, hinges on the very woman who threatens him. Old enemies are reawakening and uniting to kill - them both.

What I thought
This was an amazing book. I'd waited a while to read it and when I finally got a hold of it I wasn't disappointed. This book as two parts which I thought was great because it separated Acheron's human years and his years as a god. It was so emotional that by the end of part one I was an emotional wreck lol. I don't think I've ever cried so much at a book, it was heart-wrenching and heart-stopping and I didn't want to put it down. Part two was your typical Dark-Hunter novel, I loved Tory, she was great, and she wasn't afraid of expressing her feelings, and she definitely wasn't intimidated by Acheron whatsoever, even though he is 6"8 and nothing but muscle. This is a must read, I am definitely going to be reading it again in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment