Sunday, January 30, 2011

Darke Academy Series by Gabriella Poole

Secret Lives - Book 1
'True graduates of the Darke Academy take
life by the throat, Cassandra. Remember that!'

The Darke Academy is a school like no other. An elite establishment that moves to a new exotic city every term, its students are impossibly beautiful, sophisticated and rich. And the more new scholarship girl Cassie Bell learns about the Academy, the more curious she becomes.

What sinister secrets are guarded by the Few - the select group of students who keep outsiders away? Who is the dark stranger prowling the corridors at night? And what really happened a year earlier, when the last scholarship girl died in mysterious circumstances?

One thing Cassie will discover is that a little knowledge may be a dangerous thing, but knowing too much can be deadly . . .

Blood Ties - Book 2
Cassie shivered. The hunger
was growing again; she could feel it.
The spirit was awake, and ravenous.

This term the secretive Darke Academy has moved to New York, and Cassie Bell is no longer the innocent new girl. Now she is strong, determined, and hiding secrets of her own. For Cassie has been introduced to the world of the Few and is struggling to come to terms with her astonishing powers, a dangerous romance and the malevolent spirit inside her, demanding to be fed.

When an old enemy returns, bent on revenge, Cassie is tested to the limit. Can she rescue her friends from an horrific fate, or will she end up destroying them to save herself?

Wherever the Darke Academy goes, death is never far behind . . .

Divided Souls - Book 3
'Sometimes, Cassie, the people you
love can be the most dangerous
enemies of all . . .'

Death has followed the Darke Academy to the ancient city of Istanbul. An unseen hunter is on the loose.

Scholarship girl Cassie Bell is fascinated by the city's beauty, but there's no time for her to relax. Torn between an old flame and a new romance, she must also choose between the select world of the Few and her loyalty towards her best friends.

And all the time a killer is stalking the Few. As Cassie is about to discover, no one is above suspicion . . .

What I thought
I've put the first three books together to review because I started them on Friday and finished them today so, for me, seemed the easy option.

Great books! I couldn't put these books down, they had me fixed to them the storyline was that good. I loved the fact the main character Cassie was British as well, so when she said things like 'get stuffed' and 'give over' I couldn't help but smile to myself because I must admit, I say 'get stuffed' most of the time.
I liked Richard a lot (even though he was a bit of a muppet at the end of book 1), he was charming, funny, easy-going, and he got on with almost everyone.
Ranjit was a completely different character altogether. I liked that he was quiet, and he had a air of authority about him. He was also very intense and secretive which also drew me to him.
I haven't heard if there's going to be a fourth book, but I'm keeping my ears open and my fingers crossed because the storyline just keeps getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment