Sunday, January 23, 2011

Awakened (A House of Night Novel) by P.C. & Kristin Cast

A bit about the book
How far will the bonds of friendship stretch?
How strong are the ties that bind
one girl's heart?

Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa's House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being Queen would be cool, wouldn't it? Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing Heath, she will never be the same - and her relationship with her super-hot-warrior Stark may never be the same either . . .

And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim? The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship? Does he betray his father or his heart?

What I thought
Great book! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book, so when my daughter walked in, after coming back from town, and handed me a Waterstones bag, I could have hugged her to death, bless her.
In this book, it was great having Zoey back and in reality once again. Having her and Stark together as a couple was nice, and that's what Zoey needed for a change, something good happening in her life.
I thought I would actually tire of this series - this being book 8 in the series - because usually with long series I start to get bored quite easily if the story lines start getting a bit dull, but that isn't the case with the House of Night series. The only downfall, for me, is that it's starting to drag on a bit with Neferet (yes, I know she's a big part of the series and a lot of people will disagree), so I can't wait until she gets a wide awakening. Other than that, a great book and I'm looking forward to reading Destined - the next book - and hopefully Neferet will get a good sorting out in that one lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment