Sunday, January 30, 2011

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series) by Cassandra Clare

A bit about the book
Magic is dangerous -
but love is more dangerous still

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn ever deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by - and torn between - two best friends and quickly realizes that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

What I thought
Great book! I must say, I'm not a big fan of prequels, but I'd heard a lot of good things about this one, plus I'm a big fan of Cassandra Clare and I loved her Mortal Instruments series (this book being the prequel to that series), so I gave it a go, and I really enjoyed it.
The characters were great. I loved Jem, he was sweet and loyal and friendly towards Tessa. Then there was Will (who reminded me a lot of Jace from the Mortal Instruments series), who was sarcastic, rude, vain and so very up himself. That didn't stop Tessa speaking her mind though lol.
The storyline was good, and to me, it was a very easy book to get in to. If you liked the Mortal Instruments series then there's no doubt you will love The Infernal Devices series. I can't wait to read the next book, Clockwork Prince, out in September 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment