Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Torment (A Fallen Novel) by Lauren Kate

A bit about the book
How many lives must you live before
you find someone to die for?

Lucinda is sure that she and Daniel are meant to be together forever. Now, in this sequel to the bestselling Fallen, they are forced apart in a desperate bid to save Luce from The Outcasts - immortals who want her dead. As she discovers more about her past lives Luce starts to suspect that Daniel is hiding something. What if he has lied to her about their shared past? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

What I thought
Two words: absolutely amazing! I finished this book within 24 hours, I couldn't and didn't put it down.
I always worry with sequels, hoping they can live up to the first books, and this one definitely did.
Luce ended up at a different school in this one - Shoreline, a school for the gifted - and it was definitely a step up from the Sword & Cross school in Fallen. The Shoreline school has nothing in common with Sword & Cross, it has beautiful grounds, great teachers, even waiters serve you your meals, so when Luce has to go there because it's the only place that can protect her from the ones that want to kill her, she can't believe she has to go without Daniel. Daniel, thinking only of Luce's safety, takes her there and leaves her at the gates telling her he won't be able to see her for a few weeks. Luce still can't believe they can not be together as Daniel his her one true love and she's miserable without him, but there's a lot more to the story which Luce will eventually discover.
I was a bit disappointed at first because I thought Daniel wasn't going to be in it quite as much as he was in Fallen, but the characters in this book were great. Shelby, her roommate, takes a little getting used to but she did actually grow on me. Miles, I thought, was lovely, caring, funny and easy-going.
I was happy when Arriane made an appearance because she is one of my favourite characters, I thought she was great in Fallen - a bit loopy lol - but great. The ending was brilliant and had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I try not to put to much down when I'm talking about a book because I don't want to give anything away, but everyone needs to read this sequel, even if you don't read books you still need to read the Fallen series lol. Only disappointment now is I've got to wait until Summer 2011 to read the next one which is a long time to wait.
Thanks to Lynsey at ukbooktours for sending me this book it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment