Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones Series) by Katie MacAlister

A bit about the book
Nowadays, finding The One
really can be a pain in the neck

Joy Randall should know. She's been looking for the right guy for years. But, as yet, no real man has lived up to the heroes of the vampire romance novels she's completely addicted to.

So when her friend Roxy suggests a holiday to the Czech Republic, Joy simply can't say no. After all, it has everything:

A craggy, romantic landscape.
Tall, dark, handsome strangers.
Immortal, undead, bloodsucking fiends.

OK, the last one is just Roxy's imagination. Because vampires don't really exist ... or do they?

Plagued by dreams of a handsome stranger, haunted by a mysterious prophecy, and pursued by three pale, brooding, sinister suitors, suddenly Joy isn't so sure...

What I thought of the book
Really good book! I've read quite a few vampire books that have been lol funny and I really enjoy that type of book, I think it makes a change from the doom and gloom that some vampire books have in them, so I had to give Katie MacAlister's Dark Ones series a go. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I couldn't stop laughing, I'm still giggling to myself now at some parts of the book I can remember.
I loved Joy, she was an amazing character, she was funny, independent, sarcastic, strong-headed, and took crap of no one, especially men. All the laughing I did was because of her.
So people who are fans of MaryJanice Davidson and Michelle Rowen will definitely enjoy this book, I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment