Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

A bit about the book
There are thirteen
reasons why your
friend died. You
are one of them.

You can't stop the future.
You can't rewind the past.
The only way to learn the
secret . . . is to press play.

Clay Jensen returns home to find a strange package with his name on it. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and first love - who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

Hannah's voice explains there are thirteen reasons why she killed herself. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why.

All through the night, Clay keeps listening - and what he discovers changes his life . . .
Forever.

What I thought
This book blew me away. It's hard to explain, I thought it was an amazing, well-written book. The storyline was genius and I will remember this book for a very long time.
It's about a girl called Hannah who commits suicide, but not before she's recorded the thirteen reasons why she did it, and those thirteen people get to listen to it after she's killed herself.
Clay is one of those people so he has to listen to all the cassette tapes and trust me it's an emotional journey.
I read this book in one sitting, I was constantly on the edge of my seat. My emotions was all over the place, one minute I was really angry and the next minute I was holding back tears. I think this book was a real eye opener for me as a parent and I would recommend every parent to read it. Again with this book I don't want to say to much about it because I'd rather people just pick it up and give it a go because once you've read it you will see what I mean. My teenage daughter is reading it now which I encouraged her to do so because I think it will open a lot of teenagers eyes and hearts as well.
What quote stood out the most for me was the snowball effect because it's true, the smallest rumour always has a snowball effect, especially when its been spread between so many people and this book makes you realise what it is actually like for a lot of teenagers in high school that have to put up with stuff like this every day. I definitely agree with Jay Asher, everything affects everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment