Saturday, December 18, 2010

Crescendo (Hush, Hush Series) by Becca Fitzpatrick

A bit about the book
Nora Grey's life is still far perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and, even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations as she searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

What I thought
Brilliant sequel! I read this book in one sitting it was that good I just didn't want to put it down. I have been so looking forward to reading Crescendo because there was no clue in Hush, Hush (the first book) about what was going to happen with Nora and Patch. I will admit this book made me quite angry lol, Patch and Marcie was really getting on my nerves, so much so, that I wished I could just drag them out of the book and bang they're heads together lol, but it was great because it added to the suspense which was killing me. The cliffhanger at the end of this book just about pushed me over the edge, I nearly threw the book across the living room (it's the hardback copy so it was probably a good job I didn't lol), I still can't believe how it ended, and now the waiting for the next book in this series is gonna be excruciating. There's some shocking discoveries in this one and a few things that throw you off completely when thinking about who's after Nora, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait until the next one comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment