Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Upon the Midnight Clear (A Dream-Hunter Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

A bit about the book
Ever think Scrooge had it right before the ghosts ruined his life? Meet Aidan O'Conner.
At one time he was a world-renowned celebrity who gave freely of himself and his money without wanting anything in return . . . until those around him took without asking. Now Aidan wants nothing of the world - or anyone who's a part of it.

When a stranger appears at his doorstep, Aidan knows he's seen her before . . . in his dreams.
Born on Olympus as a goddess, Leta knows nothing of the human world. But a ruthless enemy has driven her from the world of dreams and into the home of the only man who can help her: Aidan. Her immortal powers are derived from human emotions - and his anger is just the fuel she needs to defend herself . . .

One cold winter's night will change their lives forever . . .
Trapped together in a brutal winter storm, Aidan and Leta must turn to the only power capable of saving them - or destoying them both: trust.

What I thought
Aidan has definitely got some trust and anger issues! But I suppose with his family I can let him off lol. Again, I really enjoyed this book, it could have been longer as I finished it within a couple of hours. The gods in these books have got serious problems and tempers, they really enjoy fighting with each other A LOT!!! I must admit this book brought a tear to my eye, which I quickly wiped away before I got mocked by my family (it's ok, none of them are emotional like me so they get away with it hehe). What I must say is Leta is a lovely character, she's been through the wars and she needs a bit of love and comfort in her life, and the same with Aidan, his family are a bunch of muppets that need sorting out, and that's all I'm saying because I don't like to say to much and give the story away, people will just have to read it for themselves :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment