Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

What's on the back of the book:
I say I control my destiny and my life.
No, nothing controls me.
Ever.

Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is renowned. But his whole world is suddenly turned upside down on the night his best friends try to kill him.

Saved by a mysterious warrior, Nicked is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters - immortal vampire-slayers who risk everything to save humanity - and he quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one that's filled with all kinds of evil. Nick knows he's in real danger and he soon has a lot more to deal with than high school - all without getting grounded, suspended . . . or killed.

What I thought:
What an amazing book! I couldn't put it down. I was a bit unsure when I saw it in the teenage section in my local Waterstones because it was in a series all of it's own (and not a Dark-Hunter novel), but I had to give it a go because I honestly have to say, when reading about Nick in the Dark-Hunter books I definitely took a liking to his character. This book goes back to when he was 14-years-old when he was like, I suppose, most teenagers nowadays, sarcastic, witty, and can take on anything anybody throws at him. His sarcasm and his attitude had me laughing out loud, I thought I liked him before, but now I love this character.
I don't think I can actually say anything bad about this book, the characters are brilliant, and obviously there's some you will take a dislike to straight away and the storylines great.
Well, I do have one complaint. It wasn't long enough. Which, I suppose, a lot of people think that when they've read a brilliant book! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment