Saturday, June 19, 2010

Haunted (The Mediator Book 5) by Meg Cabot

What's on the back of the book:
My name is Susannah Simon, and I am a Mediator - a liaison between the living and the dead. Yes, this does get in the way of my attempt at a normal sixteen-year-old life. At least I have Jesse, the ghost of a nineteenth-century hottie, haunting my bedroom.
But there's also this other guy. A live one, who has the same gift of gab with the undead I have. In the same way I'm after Jesse, this guy is after me. And he knows how to send Jesse to the Great Beyond. For good.
So I guess you could say I'm haunted. I just never thought it would be by someone who isn't dead.

A piece from the book:
Paul's blue-eyed gaze bore into me. There wasn't the slightest hint of a smile on his face anymore. "Suze, when are you going to get it?"
That was when I finally noticed how close his face was to mine. Just inches away, really. I started instinctively to pull away, but the fingers that had been holding down Dr. Slaski's papers suddenly lifted and seized my wrist. I looked down at Paul's hand. His tanned skin was very dark against mine.
"Jesse's dead," Paul said. "But that doesn't mean you have to act like you are, too."
"I don't," I protested. "I - "
But I didn't get to finish my little speech, because right in the middle of it, Paul leaned over and kissed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment