Friday, May 28, 2010

Untamed: A House of Night Novel by P.C. & Kristin Cast

What's on the back of the book:
'I saw the end of everything.' Aphrodite's voice was as haunted as her face. 'I saw all of it happening because you were dead, Zoey. Your death made it happen.' 'Ah, hell,' I said and then my knees gave way and I had to sit down.

A week ago Zoey had a group of special friends, three boyfriends and a (kinda) clear conscience. Now she has none of the above. Luckily, ice-queen Aphrodite is showing signs of melting and ex-roomie Stevie Rae isn't as dead as she'd thought. Though Stevie Rae's now hanging out in tunnels with freaks - totally gross.

Assuming she can get them to listen, Zoey will need all her friends as events take a frightening turn at the House of Night school for vampyres. Shocking true intentions are about to come to light, loyalties will be tested and an ancient evil is about to rise again.

Some days being special just doesn't seem all that . . .

A piece from the book:
'Neferet has left my path and has chosen chaos instead.' The Goddess's image wavered. 'But remember, what I ahve given I never take away. So do not underestimate Neferet's power. The hatred she is attempting to awaken is a dangerous force.'
'This scares me, Nyx. I - I'm always screwing up,' I stammered. 'Especially lately.'
The Goddess smiled again. 'Your imperfection is part of your power. Look to the earth for strength, and the stories of your grandmother's people for answers.'
'It'd be a lot safer if you just told me what I need to know and what I should do,' I said.
'As with all my children, you must find your own path, and through that discovery, you will decide what each earth child must ultimately decide - whether she chooses chaos or love.'

No comments:

Post a Comment