Friday, May 28, 2010

Chosen: A House of Night Novel by P.C. & Kristin Cast

What's on the back of the book:
I guess it had gone okay with Stevie Rae. I mean, she had agreed to meet me tomorrow. And she hadn't tried to bite me, which was a plus. Of course, the whole trying-to-eat-the-street-person thing was highly disturbing . . .

Zoey's best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead - in an eww! zombie! kind of way, not in a cool vampyre kind of way. She's struggling to retain her humanity and Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help. But she does know that anything they discover must be kept secret.

Unfortunately, trust has become a rare commodity. Sinister forces are at work at the House of Night, where the line between friend and enemy is becoming dangerously blurred.

A piece from the book:
'I thought adult vampyres weren't supposed to have relationships with fledglings.' We were so close that I didn't have to speak much above a whisper for him to hear me.
'We're not supposed to. It's highly improper. But sometimes there's an attraction that happens between people that transcends the vampyre-fledgling boundary, as well as age and propriety. Do you believe in that kind of attraction, Zoey?'
He was talking about us! We were staring into each other's eyes, and I felt lost in him. His tattoos were a bold pattern of intricate slashing lines that gave the impression of lightning bolts, and they went perfectly with his dark hair and eyes. He was so insanely handsome and so much older that he made me feel at the same time incredibly attracted to him and scared to death that I was playing with something so far beyond what I'd ever experienced that it could easily spiral out of control. But the attraction was there - and if he was right, it definitely transcended the vampyre-fledgling boundary. So much so that Erik had even noticed how Loren looked at me.
Erik . . . Guilt washed through me. He would just die if he could see what was going on between Loren and me. A mean little thought snaked through my mind, Erik isn't here to see me, and I drew in a deep, shaky breath and heard myself say, 'Yes. I believe in that kind of attraction. Do you?'

No comments:

Post a Comment