Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fanged & Fabulous by Michelle Rowen

What's on the back of the book:
My name is Sarah Dearly, and I've got major problems. Last month, I was turned into a vampire by the world's worst blind date. Then I may have, totally by accident, started a war between the mostly peaceful bloodsuckers and a bunch of sociopathic vamp hunters who have nicknamed me Slayer of Slayers. Now I'm being used as bait to draw out the hunters' bad-ass leader, while my gorgeous 600-year-old boyfriend Thierry seems to be blowing me off, and my sizzle-hot, fanged friend Quinn is trying to turn my self-defense lessons into make-out sessions. So you know what? I'm done. I've had it. There comes a time when a vamp has to just suck it up and go after what she wants. And as soon as I figure out what that is, that's exactly what I'll do...

A piece from the book:
Thierry kissed the back of my hand. Then he kissed the injured finger and slowly drew it into his mouth.
I gaped at him, frozen in place. Heat flooded my body.
This was finger sucking the way it should be! Hell yeah! This was definitely the way to go.
He gazed at me as he concentrated on my injured finger. There was an expression on his face I don't think I'd ever seen before. His eyes narrowed slightly and appeared to darken until they were fully black.
He pulled me against him, hard, and crushed his lips against mine, taking my breath away.
I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, hoping that I had enough time to explore black-eyed Thierry before somebody walked in on us. That would be extremely embarrasing.
But, hey, I think it might be worth it. I was beginning to like this Thierry a whole lot. And he wanted me to stop him? Like hell, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment