Sunday, May 8, 2011

Invincible (Chronicles of Nick) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

A bit about the book
Nick Gautier's day just keeps getting better and better. Yeah, he survived the zombie attacks, only to wake up and find himself enslaved to a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul.
His new principal thinks he's even more of a hoodlum than the last one, his coach is trying to recruit him to do things he can't even mention, and the girl he's not seeing, but is, has secrets that terrify him.
But more than that, he's being groomed by the darkest powers, and if he doesn't learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them. . . .

From the back of the book
Death clapped the tall one on the shoulder. "Nick, meet my two companions. Pain and Suffering." Pain was the big one and Suffering the smaller of the two. "You'll have to ignore Suffering since he's mute."
"Mute?"
"Mmm...You know, you should always suffer in silence."
Nick would laugh, but he was afraid Pain might hit him for it and since he was Pain, best to leave him be. "Nice meeting you two..." He looked around nervously. "Oh wait! I hear my mom calling. I better go and see what she needs." He turned to leave, only to find that his legs were locked again.
Death sauntered over to stand in front of him. "Don't play coy, Cajun. We don't like that."
Yeah, and he didn't like being stuck in the kitchen with ghouls either. Sometimes you just didn't get what you wanted.

My Rating
Right, I'm a big SK fan and for me this book was great, so I give it a 5/5!

No comments:

Post a Comment