Thursday, February 17, 2011

Possessing Rayne by Kate Cann

A bit about the book
A scratch at the door.
Owl cries in the night.
Black candles burnt to the ground.


Why is Rayne suddenly so frightened by everything? She's come here to get away from the stifling city, away from her mother and her boyfriend - to find space and silence.

But she's mystified by her new group of friends . . . why are they so interested in the old house?

Rayne can't imagine what's coming. . .

What I thought
Good book! I enjoyed this book, it was a bit short but it had a great storyline and the characters were brilliant. Another plus for me is that it's written by a British writer - Kate Cann - and the story is set in Britain (which I really enjoy because I know I'm gonna understand all of the slang lol). This book made a refreshing change from the usual books I read and I can't wait to read the next one, Fire and Rayne!

Top Review
Daily Telegraph - "...a serious thriller ... beautifully written, deeply frightening."

The Mirror - "Although aimed at young adults, this is about as spine-tingling as a novel gets. Rayne, the teenage heroine, finds that like away from London in a rural idyll is not as peaceful as she'd been led to believe. In fact, it's terrifying. And why is she being warned off new friend St John, who's like no man she's ever met? Dark and gothic with plenty of hidden secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment